Where preservation, restoration and continued use of all Austin A40, and other Austin or BMC motor vehicle is our life.

Register a Club Permit

The following is a SUMMARY of the information on the VicRoad website. Full information is available here.


Step 1: Join a VicRoads approved vehicle club

You must be a financial member of the Car Club to be eligible for a Club Permit

If you are not a member CLICK HERE

Step 2: Check the vehicle eligibility

A Club Permit can be issued to the vehicles in the following categories:

  • veteran vehicles – manufactured before 1 January 1919
  • vintage vehicles – manufactured after 31 December 1918 and before 1 January 1931
  • classic and historic vehicles – manufactured after 31 December 1930, but more than 25 years before the date of the application for a Club Permit.

A Club Permit vehicle must comply with the Vehicle Standards, appropriate to the date the vehicle was manufactured

For further details about eligibility CLICK HERE

Step 3: Check what certificates you need

All cars registered with the Austin A40 Car Club of Australia require a roadworthy certificate

If your car has been modified, it may require a VASS approved certificate.

For Further details CLICK HERE

Step 4: Get your application approved by the car club

Once you have the certificates, you will need to complete the following forms and get them approved by the an authorised Office Bearer of the club

You will need to provide the following photos of your car to the Club Membership Officer

  1. The front of the car
  2. Drivers side
  3. Rear
  4. Driving position (side on with the driver’s door open)
  5. Where possible any identifiers such as chassis number and engine number

Applications can be signed by one the following authorised Office Bearers

  • Peter Wright – President
  • Andrea Casabene – Membership Officer

If you do not know how to contact these office bearers please use the enquire form below.

Step 5: Submit the application

Submit your application and pay your registration at a VicRoads Customer Service Centre.

You will require the following documents

  • Evidence of identity
  • Original completed Club Permit Application form
  • Original completed Vehicle eligibility and Standards Declaration for Club Permit Vehicles form
  • Original Certificate of Roadworthiness
  • Evidence the vehicle was manufactured for the Australian market (e.g. photo of the Australian compliance place or build plate fitted to the vehicle or previous Australian registration history
  • An original VASS approved certificate if required for modified vehicles

Please review the OPERATING A CLUB PERMIT VEHICLE section on the VicRoads website to ensure you understand your responsibilities and obligations. It is your responsibility to understand your obligations. CLICK HERE 

Club Permit Scheme Enquiry Form

Town, State, Country

Related Images: